Friday, November 2, 2007

My thoughts on new marketing

It's so interesting to watch how marketing is changing. We are heading towards conversational marketing, where a company and the client are completely on the same level of conversation and communication goes in both directions (the company listens to the client and the client listens to the company).

One of biggest differences I think though was just mentioned in one of the podcasts that I listen to regularly.

Marketing has become a commitment!

That to me is key. A company has to be aware that they can't just simply "preach" to their customers through ad campaigns.

If you are interested in marketing, check out the following podcasts:

Jaffe Juice
Six Pixels of Separation
Managing the Gray

2 comments:

Mitch Joel said...

Thanks for linking to my show - I really appreciate it!

Have a great weekend.

C.C. Chapman said...

SO true indeed. Just because you reach out to thousands of people does not mean your going to connect with them.

It IS an ongoing relationship with people.

Glad you are liking the show,