Friday, July 6, 2007

Even concerts are rethinkable!



Hi Everyone,

I'm just watching the live earth concert in Australia live on msn. It's so amazing to be able to watch a show live on the internet from Australia, and see that people are coming together in one cause.

I've been reading a lot of comments online about how people are upset at the fact that someone would promote a big show like this to promote environmentalism. All I have to say, you didn't read the live earth page properly, check out the green policy. Have a close look and you will discover that everyone has been asked to do their part of making this event a green event, even the hosting company, which claims to be the "only truly green web hosting company".

I'm a live sound engineer and I so happen to do the sound for the live earth broadcast in Toronto tomorrow morning. I'm proud to be part of it too, and by the way, I live in St. Catharines, but I'm taking the greyhound bus to Toronto, because my wife is already there and it would be silly to not take public transit to the show.

I've included a picture of the show in Australia (at the top). Did you notice something? Maybe not, but I did right away. They are using LED lighting, which means that they are only using about 20% (it's an estimate, it could be even less, lighting is what uses loads of power compared to audio) of the power that a regular concert is using.

So please, have a closer look at the live earth page, they recommend to use green power, environmental materials for their banners, reusable materials for the catering, etc.

Even concerts are RETHINKABLE!

___________

No comments: